Sunday 22 November 2009

Some lovely people I met

At the craft fair on Saturday I met the sweetest husband and wife team, each selling their own handmade, recycled, biodegradable things.

Jenny, like me, likes to sew. She is a textile artist making lovely things from recycled materials including chicken doorstops and paperweights, as well as envelopes made from reclaimed paper from old maps, sheet music and books. Take a look at her website here and she also has a Folksy shop here. She has the coolest business cards made from old playing cards, and I only got the best card of them all, the Queen of Hearts!

Joe is an illustrator making cards, magnets and stickers from his simple yet amusing drawings, as well as creating the cutest little people from discarded electronic parts. You really have to see it to understand what I'm talking about so here's a pic of "Electric Bill" that I swiped from his Folksy shop here. He also has his very own solar powered website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment